- Can be installed in out of the way areas.
- Can be affixed to the wall, suspended from ceiling or even mounted from a drop ceiling.
- Window air conditioner units are inefficient and block windows all summer.
- Electric base board heat is expensive and only effectively heat small rooms.
- Space heaters are dangerous, according to the Harvard University Environmental Health & Safety group they cause 25,000 fires per year.
- A ductless mini split system is the perfect heating/cooling option for additions. Your existing ducted air conditioning/heating system may not be able to support the BTU’s needed for the addition. Running additional ducts from your current ductwork requires opening walls and ceilings, this additional cost/work can be eliminated by having a mini split installed.
- Mini splits are much quieter than window units because condenser and evaporator are not “packaged” in one cased unit. For this reason, these units are not as noisy for homeowners/neighbors.
- Can be used as a dehumidifier/heater/air conditioner or even just a fan.
- Strategic placement allows for more efficient energy use. Household temperature can be controlled room to room. Heating individual rooms is more cost effective.
- Reduces energy loss typical with inefficient duct work. Ducts constructed wrong lose up to 30% energy.
IMPROVED AIR QUALITY
- Ducted systems accumulate debris combined with condensation within ducts this debris becomes toxic mold.
- Routine cleaning of mini splits is far easier.